Here I wanna share an application for guitar players that I did build for myself. There are a lot of applications that show you scales and chords but I just could not find where I was really looking for, so I build it myself. It’s a Flash application so you need a Flash-player. Since I am the only one using (and loving) this app I was thinking maybe there are other people how would like this to. By all means: be my guest.
Why is it differed and what does it do?
1. It Has two guitar necks/fretboards (to easily compare)
2. On top (above) of every guitar neck there are two menu’s (left “guitar scales” and right “guitar chords”) Here you can choose the key and kinda scale or/and chord. If you choose a scale the positions of all the notes in that scale will be shown on the keyboard (nothing special).
3. If you choose a chord it will not show you chord positions as you used to, but it will show you all the notes that are in that chord spread out over the keyboard!
4. Then there is the possibility to tune every string in the application! So if you put your guitar in another (let’s say “open”) tuning then the standard tuning, you put the app in the same tuning and you can then Easley find the positions of scales and chords in that tuning. (to tune: open the scale menu (on the left top of one of the guitar necks) find the tuning arrows (up and down) and hit the up or down arrow and see)…
- It’s free, no commercials and nobody owns me anything I just sharing a tool that I use a lot myself.
A3D Guitar Scales and Chords Tool